Original post: January 7, 2015
Here we go...2015!!!
Goals. Intentions. Dreams. Resolutions. Whatever you need to call them to get them done. Write them down and make them happen!
Maybe if I share some of mine, you'll share some of yours and we can hold each other accountable. And you can get an idea of what I mean by DREAM BIGGER.
AND I'LL PUT A NICE BIG (X) TO MARK WHEN I'VE ACCOMPLISHED MY GOAL.
- Two blog entries for the months of January(X). February (X). March (X). April. May. June. . AND HERE I AM, MAKING MY FIRST BLOG ENTRY FOR JANUARY. It's going to be messy, maybe won't make any sense, but I need to start somewhere and stop procrastinating already!! UPDATED: Screw it. I need to commit to making one entry a week, for the rest of the year. TIME TO BE BOLD AND PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS.
- One blog entry a week for January (X). February (X). March (X). April. May. June. July. August. September. October. November. December. Can't wait to see what I come up with for content!!
- (X) Enrolled in a coaching program by April 1, 2015. I've been paralyzed by fear for far too long now. So many what if's have kept me from making any decisions. But I finally started researching programs and am looking into not only a coaching program, but going to grad school to get my Masters degree!! EEEKKK!! Finally a decision to do something other than fart around and wonder about the future. CHECK!!! ENROLLED IN A LIFE COACHING PROGRAM THROUGH INSTITUTE FOR LIFE COACH TRAINING!! I START APRIL 7!!
- Write an article about finding my sobriety through yoga and submit it to Mind Body Green and Elephant Journal by July 1, 2015. I have the outline. I know what I want to say. I just need to sit down and write the damn thing.
- Write an article for Women Who Live on Rocks about getting sober on a party island by July 1, 2015. Again, I know what I want to say, I just need to sit down and write.
- WRITE. WRITE. WRITE. Pretty self-explanatory.
- (X) Hire a personal coach to help me figure out what the hell I'm doing with my life. On July 24, 2010 I had a phone call with a personal coach about moving to Maui, changing my life and getting out of Seattle. It wasn't financially feasible for me to work with her then, but we've remained in contact all these years and this is the year that we will work together. CHECK!! HIRED STACY DUHON ON JANUARY 13TH!! WE'RE GOING TO KICK SOME ASS THIS YEAR! I ALSO HIRED COACHES THROUGH INNER GLOW CIRCLE, AND WILL BE STARTING A 6 MONTH COACHING PROGRAM STARTING AUGUST 16!!
- (X) Pay off credit card debt by June 1, 2015. And then only use it for booking flights and vacations. CHECK!!! AND EVEN A FEW MONTHS EARLY!
- (X) Take $2000 cash with me to Seattle to give to my parents when I visit at the end of May. I made envelopes and stuck them in a drawer. Each week I will put $100 in it to make this happen. No more ambiguous plans. Like a lot of college grads, I managed to graduate college with a pretty decent amount of credit card debt. Those credit card companies really know what they're doing by soliciting stupid college kids. They got me real good. And my parents bailed me out and I owe them a little bit of money. So this is a start. I ACTUALLY TOOK $8000 WITH ME, AND THEY GAVE ME $2000 BACK FOR MY TRIP TO ITALY!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!
- Pay twice the monthly minimum towards my financial aid loans. (This is proving to be more difficult than I thought. But I'm still making the monthly payment at least!) Since I'll be starting a new school program soon, and potentially racking up more student loans, I should probably start paying off my Bachelor's degree.
- (X) Sort out any negative marks on my credit report by March 1, 2015. (March 1 came and went. Still working on this.) ALL SORTED!!! AND I STILL HAVE A REALLY HIGH CREDIT SCORE! YIPPEE!!
- (X) Put $50 a month in an envelope for Dave's loan until it's paid off. Dave is awesome and paid for some of my yoga school. And it's really important to me that I pay him back. No one, besides my parents, has ever helped me out like that, and I'm really thankful for him. ALL PAID OFF!!!
- Do three bodyweight pull-ups. I did some assisted pull-ups today and I feel like I almost ripped my arm out of the socket. THESE ARE REALLY FREAKING HARD!!! I can't wait until I've built up the strength to do these on my own! A SHATTERED WRIST ON FEBRUARY 20 SEEMS TO HAVE DERAILED ALL OF MY YOGA AND GYM GOALS. SADLY, I'M NOT SURE WHEN I'LL HAVE FULL USE OF MY WRIST AGAIN, LET ALONE DOING BADASS STUNTS IN THE GYM. SO BUMMED!!!!
- Half marathon? This has been in my head since I turned 30. Still not convinced I need to run for two hours, but we'll see.
- Lose 5 lbs of body fat by April 1, 2015. The last 10 lbs stick to your body like fucking glue. How hard could this be?
- Teach 3 hot yoga classes by March 1, 2015. Just writing this makes me want to puke. So nervous. (Nope. Hasn't happened yet.)
- Do two handstand push-ups. Oh boy. Practice practice practice. Every week I practice. This is my year!!! STUPID SHATTERED WRIST.
- STAY SOBER AND SMOKE FREE ALL OF 2015. I will admit, in social settings I tend to get awkward and uncomfortable, so I cave and have a cigarette. It's disgusting, it goes against everything I work for, and it's real life. And this year I'm ready to give that up. I'll just be the awkward girl in the corner picking her cuticles and wondering why she puts herself in these stupid situations to begin with.
- Bench press 75 lbs. Squat 125 lbs. Leg press 350 lbs. Deadlift 125 lbs. (WHY DEADLIFT 125 LBS WHEN YOU CAN DEADLIFT 130?!! YEAH, 1/27/15, I JUST DID THAT!) 10 body weight dips (I JUST HIT THIS GOAL!! 1/26/15!!! WOO FREAKING HOO!!!). 3 body weight pull ups. 2 hand stand push ups. PIECE. OF. CAKE.
- Continue my home yoga practice. Commit to three studio classes a week, one of which is hot yoga. I hate feeling like a 'bad yogi' for not waking up with the sun everyday, drinking organic green tea and doing sun salutations and meditating with my mala beads, naked on the beach, becoming one with nature. I may be up at 6:30 am, 6 days a week, but I drink a smoothie and head to the gym to lift weights. It's what's transformed my body, given me my confidence back, built my strength and given me a round ass. And my home practice happens in the gym, not at home, when I'm already warmed up and need to stretch after lifting all those heavy weights. I turn the lights off, take off my shoes, close my eyes, and just start. And that's my yoga. And it's what works for me.
- Become a certified yoga instructor with Yoga Alliance and start teaching classes!!! So nervous but so excited! And so much to do before I'm ready to teach. But bring it on!
- Travel to Cuba in 2015.
- (X) Spend 10 days in Seattle in May to visit my family to hike, relax and catch up with my kitty Brooklyn. Oh how I've missed all of their faces!
- Travel to Jordan, Egypt and Israel with Dave in September. I found some smokin deals online and I get so excited when I think about this I think I'm going to burst!!! (JUST PUT A DEPOSIT DOWN FOR A 2 WEEK TRIP!! CHECK OUT THE ZOZI WEBSITE FOR SOME REALLY COOL TRIPS!) WE HAD TO CANCEL OUR TRIP. :-( PROBLEMS WITH DAVE'S WORK SCHEDULE. BUT WE ARE PLANNING A SUBSTITUTE TRIP, AND EGYPT SOME OTHER TIME.
- Take two days off in a row, once a month. This sounds kind of ridiculous, but we work really hard here in order to afford living in such a magical place. And it's starting to wear on me. I need a mental health day once a month, AT LEAST!!
- Blog about the amazing trip to Peru that we took by July 1, 2015!!! I have so many stories, pictures and thoughts from this trip that I haven't been able to share yet! I can't wait to share our trip with everyone! WELL THAT CAME AND WENT. SOON!!
- Monday date night. I work over 50 hours a week during busy season, so we need time to reconnect. We do this over massive amounts of delicious food.
- Sleep in Tuesday mornings. I am up at 6:30 am every other day of the week to get to the gym before work and Tuesday's are our only day off together. Again, commitment to connecting.
- Cook one meal a week for Dave. CROCK POT!!!! I know it's kind of cheating, but I'm a busy girl. And he loves it when I cook yummy food. So it'll have to do. SO FAR SO GOOD!! READ THROUGH MY BLOG TO GET THE RECIPES THAT I'VE BEEN USING!!
And that's what I have so far!! I'm reading a great book, The Desire Map, by Danielle Laporte, that is changing my goal setting strategy. It helps you recognize and discover the FEELINGS you want to have. My CORE DESIRED FEELINGS are WANDERLUST, FREEDOM, SUPPORTED, INSPIRED, EASE. What are your goals? Your dreams? How do you want to FEEL? And how are you going to DREAM BIGGER in 2015??